Future house

Owen going back to school, has reminded me that he's going to be out of the house soon. I've already made it very clear that he will NOT be returning home once he's out, although I do insist that he does a gap year. He's seriously considering the military but eh, probably not the best idea. That's his decision to make though. 
My plan for when he moves out, is to move to the mountains. I miss living in a small town, I miss nature, I miss peace and quiet. I want to NOT live around neighbors, I want to be able to have my own private lake area without a bunch of high drunkards throwing trash everywhere. I'm not materialistic, I'm not really social. Being free of debt is what matters to me. 
Even if I do get married and my husband doesn't want to move out, I still expect to have a 2nd home and I can't be attracted to someone that doesn't share my desire for simplicity and cost efficient living. We can let family use it, we can rent it for vacations, we can live there during summers with our grand kids, whatever, but I want a place away from everything else. 
My plan is to save enough to build it when Owen graduates, and then it will probably take me 7yrs of working and saving until I have enough to just stop or go PT so I don't NEED the money but it's extra. Even if I didn't need the money, I'd happily work PT at a nonprofit I care about. 
So I'm going to post a bunch of stuff that I like. 
I like two types of houses....old cute victorians that need some love,
This WAS my dream house that was on my vision board, back when I still had my big family fantasy.

I also like MCM but with more personality.  I like lots of windows, pitched ceilings, light. good outdoor space. I only need 800-1000 Sq Ft for just me. 




I like A frame houses but not wood cabins. I want huge windows, an interesting and huge light fixture, a floor to ceiling double sided fireplace that's between the living room and the kitchen, and a loft space. Definitely a screened in porch and a regular porch, and a hillbilly hot tub (wood burning). 






I think I have very reasonable plans. It's cheaper than buying a house, it's way easier to save enough money when Im not paying $1200 a month in rent for a dumpy apartment. 
I will have the room to grow food and can stuff. I know I'll have the credit and the cash so that makes me excited! What i'd also like is someone to do this stuff with me, especially since I also want a houseboat and I can't really afford that on my own. But during the winter the garden doesn't need me, we can just take off somewhere warmer and nicer. Like an RV but it floats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment