Sometimes I wonder if I'm actually an INFJ. I feel like it describes me, but I also feel like so much of my personality is just a trauma response. Do I really want to keep peace and please people, or is it b/c I'm conditioned to be fearful of upsetting people? 



T used to tell me that my intuition sucks and I'm bad at figuring things out. Well I'm not a sensor and he's literally the only person who has ever said that to me, so I don't believe it. I felt like....why is he saying this nonsensical thing to me? What's his motivation? But I also cared about the things he said and I tried to make sense of it. I think that b/c he's an INTJ, we are intuitive about different things. He was so sure he understood me and I completely disagree. Actually one of the biggest things about him that upset me. 
Typically INFJs aren't open about their feelings, but I have been over the last couple of years. However, there's a whole other layer to me that I just don't share. With anyone. Not even my best friends, ever. I feel like I don't really understand it myself and that people really don't care. If I ever meet someone that I feel like genuinely loves and cares for me, I'll show that part of me. 
I think I do care a lot about integrity, morals, and values, which is the basic framework of an INFJ.
So many issues in our world seem to be rooted in a lack of those qualities. It's a pretty simple way to contribute positively to this shit hole. 
INFJs are also super loyal and dedicated. We want the people in our lives to be great. i want people to feel supported and like I'm their safe place, a person without judgement. 
HOWEVER, I'm not going to just pat someone's head and tell them everything is okay b/c I don't want to hurt their feelings. That's not real love and care.We should be honest with each other, then come up with a solution. Solve our problems and move on. An INFJ will completely sacrifice and go through that misery with you, but they will NOT pacify you with lies. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment