It's okay to like yourself.

Being self reflective is super important, but I think it's possible to focus so much on what you need to improve, instead of appreciating and growing into your positive traits. I'm uncomfortable with any type of compliments or praise. Not really sure what to say or do. I also wasn't raised on it. I can't really think of any compliment I've received about myself. It's not my parents nature. I don't really need much praise in my life, I'd just like to get it every once in awhile. 
I feel like I'm a pretty resilient person, which is probably b/c I've always had to rely on my internal praise and support. I have more faith in myself than I do other people. 
I've also been complimented a lot on my ability to adapt. I adapt to situations and I adapt to people. I can talk to someone and learn to mirror them fairly quickly. I can adapt my life to any circumstance, although I really don't want to. The last few years I've become really resistant to change. Ready for some stability and predictability. 
I'm a genuinely nice person, which I think has become rare. I'd rather hurt myself than someone else. This has actually caused me a lot of problems b/c people take advantage of me and I've been so naive. People who don't try to hurt people, are not always good at seeing through people who do. My intuition is usually on point, but my heart wants what it wants. We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry.
I'm good at figuring stuff out. There's never anything I've tried to learn, that I haven't been able to. I'm also resourceful. If I want to make something happen, I can.  
On the flipside, my bad qualities involve a lack of ambition. Sometimes I drag my feet or I just decide I don't really want to do what I was trying to do. 
I have a lot of authenticity. Mirroring someone isn't being fake, it's just relating to them, making them feel comfortable. I'm real about who I am and how I feel. No need to guess b/c I'll tell you. I'm not good at lying and hiding things. It eats me up. INFJs deeply value authenticity. 
So far that's all I've been able to pull out of my ass. Still feel like my bad qualities are so numerous. 
T is the only person who, in recent history, has complimented me on things other than what I do for him. THEN he said things that completely broke my heart, so I don't really believe any nice thing he said. I hate that i let myself get so attached to him. 
I'm going to focus on things that I know I can control and improve. I'm going to try and do things b/c I love myself and not to fill something empty inside of me or b/c I hate myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment